In honor of my recent affiliation with A&E, I’m going to re-review one of their products.
Before I get to doing all of that, I just want to say that I know some people have problems with the company.
Yeah, they sell some products that aren’t the most body-safe.
I completely understand people not wanting to support a company that sells non-body-safe items.
But I feel that the best way to influence companies is through money.
If we buy the stuff made of safer materials, then maybe companies will notice and make more of those types of items.
Although this might be a very naive way of thinking, a part of me can’t help but have a little faith. Which is something that I don’t get a lot of nowadays.
So I understand if you are viciously shaking your heads and rolling your eyes at me.
But this company was also the very first company that I bought from back when I was buying sex toys.
Adam and Eve was the place where I really began to explore my body.
Adam and Eve was one of the places that inspired me to be a sex blogger.
So I hope that maybe I can be a tiny little fish in this sea of sex-bloggers that can contribute to safe sex toy revolution?
Besides, I won’t be reviewing any products made of non-safe materials.
I used to when I started out, but since then I’ve learned to do otherwise.
Okay, I definitely feel like a pretentious, cliché asshole for typing that out. Forgive me for that.
With that semi-sentimental shit out of the way, let’s talk about the Adam and Eve Magic Massager.
The Adam and Eve Magic Massager was the very first item I reviewed back when I started on Blogger. Although my opinions haven’t really changed since my review, I just want to go ahead and reformat those opinions. Only so that I can provide a more in-depth, clear review of this item.
And probably provide you a discount if you’re interested in buying. But all of that will come about at the end. Pun not intended!
|Total Length||About 12" (not including the cord, obviously)|
|Materials||Vinyl (I think? It feels kind of leathery, but I've heard it's vinyl or something) and Plastic|
|Power Source||A/C 110V; 1 motor|
|Settings||2 (2 intensities, low & high)|
|Finishes||Red & white|
|Price||$54.95 (shipping not included)|
|Lube Recommendation||Water-Based (not quite sure what's good or bad w/ leathery vinyl material)|
Some of this information I got off of the A&E page for the Hitachi Magic Wand, since the Magic Massager is basically A&E’s version of the iconic vibrator.
So if you’ve used the Hitachi before, you might not find any new information on this product. However, if you’ve never used the Hitachi or any wand massager, then maybe you’ll find this review useful!
I honestly can’t quite remember the packaging, since I bought this a long time ago. But I’ll do my best to remember anyway!
- The packaging displayed the product
- Everything was shipped discretely
- I remember it being a bit TOO simple
- Like, there was nothing that made the packaging really stand out
- Nothing special going on here, unfortunately
Again, this is just from what I can remember. Maybe the packaging has changed, maybe it hasn’t. I wouldn’t really be able to tell ya.
For those of you who might not know (you probably do, but oh well, I’ll explain anyway), this is a wand massager. Wand massagers can serve a dual purpose. They can be used to either stimulate one’s genitals, or used for a regular massage.
So after rubbing your stiff neck, you could totally use this on your junk!
Pretty sweet, right?
- Very simple design
- I love the cord; no batteries needed here!
- The red and white is very simple and classy
- There’s an easy to use switch (O= Off, L= Low, H= High)
- The cushioned head is removable, which makes for easy cleaning
- Compatible with most Hitachi attachments
- The swivel neck isn’t all that flexible
- I find that the cord could be a little longer, but that’s only because of where the power outlets are located in my home
- I think that the head could be a bit smaller (more on this later)
- This vibe tends to heat up fairly quickly
- The vinyl get discolored after some time, which I guess is inevitable
- Fairly loud
- Although it does have some things that could be altered, I think this is an overall very simple, easy to use product
- It’s also non-phallic, so people might not know automatically what this is, unless they’re familiar with porn/cam-performers, etc.
Now this is where things might get a little tricky. By the way, I didn’t bother to make a section for the settings since there’s only two. Those two settings are just speeds, so I figured it would be a waste of time to make a video on them that would last a few seconds, at most.
- The LOW setting is very rumbly
- The broad head provides stimulation to a broader area
- Very, VERY powerful, even on the lowest setting
- The HIGH setting is very buzzy; I prefer the lower setting
- Might be TOO intense for some people due to the power
- Not good for people who prefer pinpoint precise vibrations
- Sometimes I find that having this on my clit for too long will cause it to itch
- Again, this aspect of the toy has some flaws, but overall I tend to enjoy it
- I find that angling the head a certain way makes it easier to get somewhat pinpoint precision
I can definitely see why this is such a popular type of vibe. For those of you looking to get the Hitachi, this is basically the same. Except for the colors and the brand, of course.
With that being said, this vibe might not be the best for beginners because of how intense it can be. I’ve read that a lot of people wear underwear while applying it to their genitals because of how intense it can get after awhile.
So with all of that in mind, there’s my final rating below.
I originally purchased this off of Adam & Eve with my own money.
I was not given a discount or anything at the time the product was bought. However, I am now an affiliate so if you buy this item from any of these stores, I do earn commission.