Reviewing butt plugs can sometimes be… a pain in the butt. Yes, I know I’ve used that pun WAY too many times. All puns aside, I found using the Lovehoney Amethyst Butt Plug to be one of those instances. This might’ve been due to the fact that my ass has been out of the game for some time.
However, for something that seems to be aimed at beginners, I really found myself having a difficult time with it.
At the same time, the Lovehoney Amethyst Butt Plug isn’t a bad toy. But this was one of those cases where I don’t think the journey was worth going through in order to reach the end.
Lovehoney Amethyst Butt Plug
|Special Features||Has a slight amethyst tint|
|Finishes||Clear glass with a slight amethyst tint|
|Price||$8 (shipping not included)|
|Lube Recommendation||Pretty much any lube should be okay to use with this toy|
The Lovehoney Amethyst Butt Plug comes with a black satin storage bag.
A special thanks goes to the lovely folks at Lovehoney. I received this product free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion. Affiliate links have been used in this post.
How To Use
You can use any kind of lubricant with this toy. Make sure you use more than enough on yourself and the Amethyst plug before insertion. Also make sure to take it slowly and to not force it.
- I love that it’s made out of glass, which is one of the safest sex toy materials on the market
- The base is wide enough to keep the plug into place, so you don’t have to worry about it getting lost
- Pretty much any kind of lubricant can be used with glass; no worries about the material degrading!
- I think the mushroom design is adorable, especially since the plug itself is rather small
- Despite how I said it’s fairly small, I still wouldn’t necessarily recommend it to people who are brand-new to anal-play
- The shaft is very, VERY bulbous (I’ll talk more about how this affected my experience in the next section)
- It’s not flexible AT ALL, which can be off-putting depending on what angle you’re at while you’re inserting the toy; this can especially be problematic if you don’t have a partner to help you out
- Once the Amethyst plug is fully inserted, there is definitely a feeling of fullness
- While the plug is very firm and secure during wear, it never feels uncomfortable, especially when walking around while it’s inserted
- I found insertion to be a bit painful, even when I applied generous amounts of lubricant
- The shaft is so bulbous that it kind of shocks my anus and forces it to expand really quickly; it kinda felt like I was trying to insert a large marble inside of me
- For some reason, it was also hard to insert while I was lying on my back; the fact that the toy is very, VERY rigid served as one of the Amethyst’s downfalls
To be fair, I haven’t done any anal-play in quite awhile, so that might’ve played a huge role as to why inserting this plug felt so uncomfortable.
Overall OpinionThis is one of those instances where the journey isn’t worth the end-result.
The fact that inserting the Amethyst butt plug is such a pain makes me not want to try it out again. I also found it odd that I had a hard time inserting this even while using a generous amount of water-based lube.
I feel that I might go back at one point and try this out again, just to see if my opinion changes, especially after getting back to doing more anal-play. If my opinion does change, I’ll be sure to add onto this review.
Until then, I wouldn’t really recommend this for people who are beginners. This might be a bit too intense because it requires your anus to open up so much so quickly. I mean, who knows? You might be a beginner and find that this toy works perfectly for you, but based on my experience, I wouldn’t personally recommend this to people looking to get their first plug.
If you’re more experienced with anal-toys, then you probably won’t have much of a hard time using the Lovehoney Amethyst plug.
Special thanks goes out to the people at Lovehoney for sending me this product. I received this item free of charge in exchange for my honest review. Affiliate links have been used throughout this post.
If you’d like to get the Lovehoney Amethyst Butt Plug for yourself, then check out the places below:
If you like what I do, please buy using my affiliate links. Each sale earns me a little money, which in turn helps me and my host to continue running this site.
Feel free to follow me on Instagram (@RebsyReviews) or on Twitter (@OfficialRebsy) if you’d like to keep in touch!
Lastly, feel free to check out any of my other posts and let me know what you think!