For quite awhile I have wanted to get my hands on The Womanizer. Almost every sex blogger has been raving about it and I had to see why it’s so popular. Thankfully the good people at Oh Joy Toys were able to give me The Womanizer at a discount in exchange for my review.
And I must say, this is probably one of the most unique toys I’ve ever possessed in terms of functionality.
I’ll go into that once we get all the other essential information out of the way first.
|Materials||ABS plastic and silicone|
|Girth||5.75" (largest point)|
|Width||2.4" (largest point)|
|Settings||6 levels of intensity|
|Power source||USB rechargeable|
|Available in||Black/Leopard, pink/crocodile, fuchsia/snow leopard, blue/crocodile, rose/red, and black/tattoo|
(shipping not included)
- Box design showcases the toy
- Comes with a user manual (that includes directions in different languages), a USB charger, and a storage box
- Also comes with an extra silicone head
- The packaging overall isn’t remarkable. The design of the box kind of looks like a half-assed Photoshop job or something. For a toy that’s as unique and popular, I expected more effort to be put into making the packaging design look equally as unique. Sadly, this isn’t the case.
- People who are picky about packaging most likely won’t be impressed
- Fairly ergonomic
- The ABS plastic and silicone are pretty smooth
- Silicone head is removable, which makes for easier cleaning
- 2 buttons (one to turn the toy on, the second jeweled one for navigating the settings) are easy to use
- It’s rechargeable, which is always a hell yes in my (metaphorical) book
- The fuchsia with snow leopard print design gives this toy a “quirky” charm to it… I can’t quite explain it…
- … however, despite how I find the aesthetics to be “quirky,” I still can’t help but feel that it’s still tacky.
- I also think that it would benefit the company who made this (I believe a company called Epi24 or something) to make a model that has a bigger, wider suction head. People with bigger clits might not be able to fully enjoy the toy since it requires one to stick their clit inside the head (“might not” is the key phrase, though. More of this will be discussed later).
Remember how I said that there are two buttons? Again, the jeweled button is what allows you to go through the settings.
The silver button that’s closer to the silicone head is the one you press to turn the Womanizer on and off. To turn The Womanizer on, just hold it for a few seconds. The same goes for turning The Womanizer off. Not only is it the power button, but after you get to the sixth setting, you can press that again in order to go back to the very first setting. This is important since once you get to the sixth setting, you’re pretty much stuck there, even when pressing the jeweled button. The silver one is the only one that’ll allow you to go back through the speeds.
- 6 settings
- There aren’t any fany-shmancy patterns here (because honestly, I never use those)
- The settings provide a nice gradual increase in intensity
- Even on the highest setting, the sensation isn’t overwhelming (more on that later)
- If you ARE a fan of fancy-shmancy-pantsy patterns, then look somewhere else
- I also find it weird that The Womanizer makes this slow, steady fart sound… at least it sounds like a fart sound to me. I don’t know about you, but despite how farting itself is very relieving, it’s not something that turns me on, personally…
There are a few things I should mention: as I mentioned at one point, The Womanizer is USB rechargeable.
The user manual states that it takes up to four hours to fully charge, which should give you about ninety-minutes to play with it… I’m assuming that’s ninety-minutes when used on the highest setting.
I should say that although the manual states it takes four hours for The Womanizer to charge, I don’t believe it actually took that long whenever I charged it myself. When the toy is low on power, you should see a small red dot blinking on and off towards the lower portion of the handle (in the decorative snow-leopard print portion). When the toy is charging, a green light should blink on and off. Once The Womanizer is fully charged, the green light should cease blinking.
Now if you haven’t heard about The Womanizer before, what makes it different from other toys on the market is that it sucks.
No, like it LITERALLY SUCKS, as in it sucks on the clit. As I said in the previous section, this toy has six different settings. I wouldn’t necessarily call them speeds, but intensities due to the fact that the sucking sensation… well, intensifies. So now that I’ve explained that, what exactly does this sucking sensation do for me?
- I love how it feels as if someone is blowing on my clit, giving me this cooling-off sensation. This in turn seems to make my clit more sensitive to the suction.
- As I also said before, each setting is nice and gradual in terms of increasing the intensity, which means that I’m never overwhelmed by too much power.
- There’s a bit of a learning curve that may turn off some people. You have to kind of stick your clit into the chamber, otherwise you won’t feel shit.
- I found that even on the highest setting, The Womanizer wasn’t all too powerful. So if you’re expecting a shit-ton of power, then you might be disappointed here. However, I was perfectly okay with this, because I still found myself able to reach orgasm.
|Interesting, unique concept; ergonomic shape; rechargeable; provides a unique sensation that never becomes overwhelming; when it works, IT WORKS||Design is a bit tacky (albeit strangely charming); the suction isn't that strong; a bit of a learning curve in terms of how to use it; VERY expensive|
With all of this in mind, The Womanizer is one of those toys where I really have to put in a lot of effort in order to reach orgasm.
In a way, this kind of means that I can’t use this toy much. However, when I am in the mood, it works. So is this toy worth buying for almost two-hundred dollars? I’d say yes and no at the same time. If you are someone who adores clitoral stimulation, then you might like this toy. However, if you enjoy very, VERY powerful clitoral stimulation, then you might be a little disappointed.
I think that what makes this toy so popular is the fact that when you do get clit stimulation, it’s very direct. Once you insert your clit into the suction chamber, it really does stimulate nothing else but your clit. But honestly, for something that’s two-hundred dollars, I think that more could’ve been done in terms of power. However, I did enjoy using this toy a lot and I’m just glad that I got the opportunity to use this product.
I’d like to extend a huge thank you to the people at Oh Joy Toys, who provided me the Womanizer at a discount in exchange for this review.
Please make sure to go check out Oh Joy Toys, where they sell tons of other cool products along with The Womanizer.
Here are some other sites that offer The Womanizer as well:
Feel free to check out any of my other reviews, rants, and rambles. Check me out on Instagram and/or Twitter. You can find the follow buttons on the homepage. Lastly, feel free to leave any questions or comments in the comments section below!